If you are travelling down to Cornwall, it’s always a good idea to plan your journey and check if there are any road closures that might affect you. We suggest you look online and check what’s happening on the roads and plan the best time to travel. While it is great news that improvements are currently taking place to dual the A30 it does mean some delays.
A30 Temple to Higher Carblake
Work began in March 2015 to dual the A30 between Temple and Higher Carblake in Cornwall and is due to be completed in Spring 2017.
Traffic management measures include:
- A 40 mph speed limit, enforced by Average Speed Cameras.
- A general ban on right turn or carriageway crossing movements to and from side roads.
- A cycling ban for the duration of the works, with a clearly signed diversion route provided.
Times to avoid this section of the A30 in the summer months if possible:
- Westbound: Saturdays 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Eastbound: Fridays & Saturdays 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
So, consider adjusting your travel times or use the A38 or A39 roads.Share